Chunky Baby Blanket Pattern


Did you get your hands on some of the sale yarn at Hobby Lobby a couple weeks ago? I did! 😁 It was a happy day... my boys are even getting used to being toted along to the craft store. They are even happy...even if this picture doesn't see the true joy in their hearts. 😅


I really love how this blanket worked up so fast. I used 2 balls Baby Bee in Angel Fleece Hopscotch and 3 balls of I Love This Yarn Blend in Calming Blue. I didn't end up using all of the skeins...so I knit up a quick baby stocking hat. I made a second blanket for the tutorial in a coordinating color of Teal.



Part 1 Tutorial Video




Part 2 Video Tutorial


Angel Fleece Baby Blanket

Size J hook
Gauge: 4 HDC = 2in
MC: Angel Fleece (2)
C2: Calming Blue (3)

Notes:
  • Feel free to chain as many as you would like. 
  • Remember to Ch 1 turn at the end of each row.
  • See the video for color changes
  • You will be working with 2 strands on color changes in C2 


Abbreviations:
Ch – chain                             
Sc- single crochet                 
HDC – Half Double Crochet
BLO – Back loop only          
MC- Main Color                   
C2- Color 2                           
CC- Color Change                

MC Ch 51

Row 1-2: 1 in the 2nd ch, HDC across, Ch 1 turn (50)

Row 3: CC HDC across, Ch 1 turn (50)

Row 4: HDC BLO across, Ch 1 turn (50)

Row 5: MC HDC BLO across, Ch 1 turn(50)

Row 6: HDC across, Ch 1 turn (50)

Row 7-38: Repeat rows 1-6

Edging: C2 (or whatever color you prefer) 50 sc across the top, placing 2 SC in the corner, 60 sc placed evenly across the long edge, 2 SC in the corner. Repeat for the last 2 sides of the blanket.


I hope you enjoyed this Free Pattern! I did end up with left over yarn and I ended up knitting a simple but sweet little hat to go with the blanket. Let me know if you have any questions by leaving a comment.

Comments

Popular Posts