Vacation Mode

Hey Ya'll!

I've just recently closed my Etsy shop. I had a really good fall and winter season. When it warmed up my orders stopped coming in consistently. Instead of seeing up to 8 orders a week I am down to one a month. At first this felt very disheartening, but I take comfort in knowing what I've built the last 3 years has been a growing experience for me personally. I've learned to be content with what God has given me in the slow seasons and I still want to be a good steward with what He has given me.

This would probably not be considered the best move in the Etsy business world, but looking at my stats kills my creativity (and I'm not going to lie, I'm pretty done with making foxes and horse hats for a while). Etsy is continually changing and trying to make their platform better with their new algorithms and statistics pages but I need a break in keeping up with them. So during this time I'm looking into a new inspiration for creativity. So! What's next you may ask?! I'm going to start consistently blogging this summer and finding ways to collaborate with other makers as well as maybe a company in which their products I use on a regular that I really love!

I've been doing some research and have read a few blogs about starting a blog for profit. Lord willing, I can stick with a schedule for posts and collaborations. This may include publishing patterns and selling tested versions on Ralvery and Etsy. Woo Hoo!

So that's what Vacation Mode means...finding some new inspiration and removing my self from Etsy this summer not being a bum and giving up my love for Crochet. Thank you so much to all who supported me and gave me a chance to make items for you these past few years. I have loved every minute of making. I made hats, scarves, blankets, baby booties and many more things. Every stitch I was praying and thinking about you! Don't be a stranger! You can reach out to me in any form (except Etsy...lol) Facebook and Instagram. Follow @mrshansenhandmades or blog updates and fun projects I'm making.

Hope you enjoy the beginning of summer! I know I started out with some fun projects...there is even a few free patterns from other makers if you wish to take a look!




Llamaa cuddler 


Hedgehog Pattern 

Comments

Popular Posts