Celebratory Banner

I love Autumn! It is definitely my favorite season. I trade out my shorts and tees for jeans and flannels. But most of all autumn makes me want to stay inside and crochet all day long and drink too many cups of coffee. If only I could...but let's be real, my 2 kiddos need my attention..chores need to be done and dinner needs to be made...God has given me these precious gifts and I cherish every minute of being a young SAHM (stay at home mom). Yes, these days are short and someday in the future, I hope to have time to sit all day long on a cool autumn day and crochet a scarf or knit a pair of boot cuffs. 

Last fall as I was planning for my craft fairs, I wanted my booth to feel homey and include the elements of crochet in my display. So I made a fall banner and now it hangs in our cozy little apartment and drapes over my Grandpa's window frames that I repurposed. The best part of this is I got to use the extra yarn I had left over from other completed projects. 




I really liked the look of it so I made one for Christmas that matched my decorative pillows. How I'm looking forward to Christmas again! Only 3 1/2 months away! Here's my happy baby boy in his Christmas pajamas (he's so big now!). Gotta love the candy cane stripes! 



Here's  a closer look at the red, white and sea foam green banner. (it kind of looks like toothpaste colors with the terrible lighting of a December night) 


These banners are really easy to make! All it is is double crochet and some decreasing. It's a cheap and fast way to add a little something to your holiday decor, baby nursery, or child's room. 

I used my old reliable size H or 5mm crochet hook. I made 7 triangles for this banner. You can make as many as you need for your wall. 


Abbreviations:

Chain:                  CH
Stitch:                   ST
Double Crochet:   DC
 2 Together:          2tog




Ch 18 

ROW 1: 1 DC in the 3rd ch from the hook, 1 DC in each st across (16 st)

ROW 2: DC 2tog, 12 DC in each st across, DC2tog, CH 2 and turn

ROW 3: DC 2tog, 10 DC in each st across, DC2tog, CH 2 and turn

ROW 4: DC 2tog, 8 DC in each st across, DC2tog, CH 2 and turn

ROW 5: DC 2tog, 6DC in each st across, DC 2tog, CH 2 and turn

ROW6: DC 2 tog, 4 DC in each st across, DC 2tog, CH 2 and turn

ROW 7: DC 2 tog, 2 DC in each st across, DC 2tog, CH 2 and turn

ROW 8: DC 2 tog,  DC 2 together, CH 2 and turn 

ROW 9: DC 2tog finish off and cut thread

Sew in all ends. 


In Neutral color I chose gray: CH 8, SC in the top of the triangle across 16 times
CH 12 between each triangle, 

SC in each st at the top of the triangle (16st) 

Ch 12 between triangle

SC in each st at the top of the triangle (16st)
Sew in the ends and pick a spot to hang your new garland! 



Let me know if you have any questions! I'll post pictures later of the completed garland/banner on my wall. Have a wonderful rest of your week!


~Kalla

Comments

Popular Posts