The “Zoe” Cardigan

Hi friends! Today I am posting Part 1 of my sweater pattern. I named it “Zoe” after a friend who first introduced me to the lovely chunky cardigan. She was a really good friend in college and she let me raid her closet..almost every day! And of course, she had a closet full of sweaters that she had gotten from Goodwill. Here we are on my wedding day back in 2013. Love her to pieces! 💜



Here it is! The Zoe Cardigan in the color Teal.




Zoe cardigan Part 1

2 front panels
1 back panel

Abbreviations:
Ch - chain
Sl st - slip stitch
Hdc - half double crochet
Dc - double crochet
BLO -  back loop only

Supplies:
Hook size: 5.5
yarn: medium worsted weight lion brand in black
scissors
Yarn needle

This cardigan's is only in size L so far!

Back Panel:
Ch. 58
Row 1: 2nd ch from the hook hdc in each chain across (56) ch 3 turn
Row 2: DC in BLO in each st across (56) ch 2 turn

Repeat rows 1&2 until you’ve reached 46 rows or 29 inches

Front Panel:
Ch 28
Row 1: 2nd chain from the hook hdc in each chain across (26) ch 3 turn
Row 2: DC in BLO in each st across (26) ch 2 turn

Repeat rows 1&2 until you’ve reached 29 inches



Attach 2 front panels to back panel by laying right sides together. I attached panels at the top by slip stitching them together. It can also be sewn together with a needle and yarn



Measure from top of shoulder seam to armpit 7 inches for armhole. Place marker.  Repeat for both sides.

Starting at the bottom of the cardigan sl st until you reach your marker. Repeat for the other side.

This should keep you busy! I'll post Part 2 in a couple days when I have made more progress myself!

So long!

Comments

Popular Posts